It’s not what you’re looking at, it’s what you see – #GeoMalave
We don’t only look with our eyes, we project with them also; we project defeat, doubt… or assurance and compassion.
When you look at yourself in the mirror or contemplate who you are, who do you see? Perhaps you have accomplished a lot in life, have shown to be brave or that you’re a good mother. But do you ‘see’ those qualities or focus on areas where you have come up short? Are you accustomed to being your own worst critique? If so, try the activities below so you an break this vicious cycle.
1) Read life enriching books in the morning and before bed. These types of books will inspire and help you with new and positive perspectives. Authors I recommend are Robin Sharma and Jeff Goins.
2) Meditate for 10 minutes in the morning. This practice will get your day started on the right foot. MindValley.com offers really good meditation material. @MindValley@Vishen
3) Affirmations: right after meditation, say 2 – 3 affirmations 10x in a row. Make sure you’re alone and use a moderate voice level. You can be playful with it. Try these out [a] ‘I’m the shiznit (i.e. the best or great) because I said so’ (you can lol after each one) [b] ‘I’m inherently brilliant, no doubt about it’, [c] ‘I’m unique and absolutely beautiful!’. Be ok with feeling weird or cheesy during your affirmations.
4) Be Intentional: create your intent for the day. Many of us are routine in our lives, merely slumping throughout our days. How about you create 3 things to focus on that will inspire you and make you feel better about yourself. Start with (a) calling a friend who is positive or funny, (b) decluttering your office or bedroom and (c) acknowledging someone for helping you.
5) Surround yourself with positive people. Seems simple, but we don’t do this enough. Call 1 – 3 people right now and set up a day/time to hang out. Their energy will uplift you. Value yourself and avoid difficult people.
You always have the POWER OF CHOICE on your side. You ‘can’ choose to love yourself and cultivate this self-love everyday.
So… what do you see?
#ThinkPositive #ReadMore #HumanAtEase#SelfLove #PowerOfChoice #GeoMalave